Power Boat Level 2 Course at Island Barn Reservoir Sailing Club
Powerboat Level 2
The training will be run by Senior Instructor, David Nunn and the assessments will be made by the RYA.
We have room for four people on each course and the cost will be £25 per person.
The RYA Powerboat Level 2 course consists of classroom theory and water-based practical tuition
Assumed knowledge: None (May be preceded by Level 1)
Minimum duration: 2 days
Minimum age: 12 (Candidates under the age of 16 will be issued with an endorsed certificate)
Ability after the course: Self-sufficient powerboater in the right conditions, aware of own limitations and those of craft
• Personal safety and boat preparation
• Launching and recovery
• Safety equipment & pre-start checks
• Emergency procedures
• Basic boat skills covering use of kill cord, stop/start procedures, steering controls, leaving and coming alongside
• Close quater manoeuvres
• Rope work
• Theory of towing
• Local bye-laws and insurance
• Crewing and routines
• Awareness of other water users - Rule of the Road
• Weather and tides
• Buoyage system
• Basic close down procedures.