This site uses cookies to provide you with a more responsive and personalised service. By agreeinging to this statement you consent for us to use cookies that ensure the marketing we do is relevant to you. Please read our cookie notice for more information on the cookies we use and how to delete or block them.

Wednesday 20th May

  • A nice sunny evening... Summer evening? maybe not, but spring anyway. A pleasant breeze force 2ish, warm, and not too shifty on the whole, so a very pleasant evening...


    Plenty of pin end bias at the start line, so most were picking the port end. In the Laser start Evean Cairns got the best start, ducking back across the startline at the right moment. There was an especial pile up for the fast start when an unexpected gust brought the starboard end guys along the line quickly when the port enders figured they were going to have room to cross... Much crash tacking ensued... Mike Storey was seen disappearing into the distance whilst most of the rest of us disentangled themselves.

    Graham Potter (Albacore) led all the way round in the Albacore, Arthur Phillips chased by Tom Wilson led in the Solos, but had a fairly straightforward race. After his flash start Evan Cairns managed the starring move of the evening, succeeding in capsizing in the midst of quite a bunch at the gybe mark, and then spending more time than he might have liked sorting himself out. John Leheup was seen covering Mike Curtis (in a Laser this eveninng) when he got ahead, and held on nicely for first Laser.

    There was more place changing in the fast fleet than there ought to have been - Peter Curtis especially was a very hard act for the "faster" boats to get past after he came out of the start line punchup pretty well...

    Arthur Phillips took the win on Handicap with Tom Wilson second, Graham Potter third and John Leheup 4th. Michael Curtis (in a Laser remember) was 5th, and Fiona and Rob Fardon first of the fast handicap fleet in an RS200

    COVID Guidance    find out more