Following today’s announcement on Tier 4 and the subsequent update to the Government’s website it would appear that the sailing club can remain open for individual exercise. There are two key rules that members attending the club must be aware of and comply with:
- You must only travel to the club if you are in the same Tier 4 area, in our case this is the Surrey Tier 4 area. It is not permitted to come to the club from another Tier 4 area e.g. members living in a London borough or further afield. Also, you must not come to the club if you live in any area in a different tier level. This also includes under 18s, they may only attend if they are in the Surrey Tier 4 area.
- Outdoor sports courts, outdoor gyms, golf courses, outdoor swimming pools, archery/driving/shooting ranges, riding centres and playgrounds can remain open for individual exercise, and for people to use with others within your household, support bubble, or with one person from another household.
To comply with this only attend the club for individual exercise i.e. we will not be organising racing tomorrow The duty team will provide safety cover during the hours that we would normally be racing.
I expect to get more clarity next week and update our advice accordingly. However, please be aware that if we get any more clarification tomorrow from the RYA or UK Government then these rules may change at short notice.
Remember our Covid Safe Rules:
- Only those persons living in the Surrey Tier 4 area may attened the sailing club
- The club will open for outdoor exercise activity
- You must either email email@example.com before arriving at the club (state the names of those coming, the date and approximate time of visiting) or use the NHS Track and Trace App upon arrival at the club (will have the QR/Barcode for the NHS track and trace app around the club entrance).
- Only meet with one other person
- Keep to 2m social distancing rules
- The club house will be closed for all activities except for the use of the toilets (one person at a time)
- People must come dressed ready to sail (winter sailing rules still apply) and leave without using the changing rooms.
- Duty teams will provide safety boat cover on Sundays from approximately 11am to 3pm (racing is currently suspended)
- Club boats can only be used when there is a duty team present
- Boats may sail on the reservoir under the current ‘off day rules’ outside of duty team cover.
- Use the hand washing and sanitisers frequently
- If you feel unwell do not come to the club
Thank you for your understanding
Previous Coronavirus communications:
Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 1st December 2020 (updated 18th December)
NATIONAL LOCKDOWN - SUSPENSION OF ALL ACTIVITIES AT IBRSC - 5th November 2020
Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 17 October 2020
Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 12 September 2020
Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 26 July 2020
Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 8/6/2020 (updated 11/6/2020)
Coronavirus (Covid 19) Update 5/6/2020
Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 11/5/2020
Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 17/4/2020
Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 3/4/2020
Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 19/3/2020