This site uses cookies to provide you with a more responsive and personalised service. By agreeinging to this statement you consent for us to use cookies that ensure the marketing we do is relevant to you. Please read our cookie notice for more information on the cookies we use and how to delete or block them.

National Lockdown - Suspension of all activities at IBRSC

  • covid 19 stay at home

    5th November 2020

    Dear Members

    As you are no doubt aware that from today the country has moved to a national lockdown. The RYA advice just issued (from 4/11/2020) is as follows:

    ‘Outdoor sports centres and amenities (which includes sailing clubs and water sports centres) will have to close’

    See full details as follows:

    RYA FAQs:

    Therefore, the club will be closed with immediate effect until the 2nd of December (subject to any government changes or further clarification from the RYA). No sailing or other water sports will be allowed, including sailing, supping and windsurfing. Also, members are advised to stay away from the club unless absolutely necessary e.g. essential club maintenance or returning/removing boats.

    The RYA have not yet fully concluded their clarification of the lockdown rules with the government (DCMS), so we are monitoring and reviewing this decision based on any further updates and other sailing club’s responses to the lockdown.

    Finally, sorry for leaving it until now for this communication but I have been holding out as we sought clarity on how the lockdown applies to sporting facilities as covered on the Government websites, in the news and the advice from the RYA.

    Nick Marley

    Commodore, IBRSC

    Previous Coronavirus communications:

    Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 17 October 2020
    Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 12 September 2020
    Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 26 July 2020
    Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 8/6/2020 (updated 11/6/2020)

    Coronavirus (Covid 19) Update 5/6/2020
    Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 11/5/2020
    Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 17/4/2020
    Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 3/4/2020
    Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 19/3/2020

    Club Open with Stage 3 Restrictions    find out more