This site uses cookies to provide you with a more responsive and personalised service. By agreeinging to this statement you consent for us to use cookies that ensure the marketing we do is relevant to you. Please read our cookie notice for more information on the cookies we use and how to delete or block them.

Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 3/4/2020

  • covid 19

    3rd April 2020

    Dear members,

    Following on from the General Committee’s decision to close the Club on March 19th and the ongoing instruction from the UK Government, for facilities such as ours to remain closed, we have decided to extend the Club’s closure until at least the end of April 2020.

    The closure extends to the following:

    No sailing activities (either organised club sailing or members sailing outside of normal hours using the two boat rule)
    No training activities on or off the water at the sailing club
    No access to the clubhouse (cleaning and regular security checking will continue)

    Members wishing to come to the club to collect their boats are welcome to access the club for this purpose. Please take care when touching surfaces such as the padlocks and wipe them down before and after use.

    All open meetings and short training courses due to take place before the end of April have been cancelled. Participants will be notified and where appropriate refunded in full. We will make a decision on TrySail and the Sailing Schools later this month.

    Ben Kimbell is arranging online courses for adults and juniors whilst the club is closed. These will be free for members and a separate email will follow shortly. Mike Jones and Ray Lambe are planning for some online training sessions for those who have signed up for the junior sailing school. They will contact participants directly with joining instructions.

    Finally, we wish everyone well and look forward to seeing you as soon as we can safely open the sailing club.

    Nick Marley

    Island Barn Reservoir Sailing Club

    Previous Coronavirus communications:

    Coronavirus (COVID 19) Update 19/3/2020

    Club Open with Stage 3 Restrictions    find out more